You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.
Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter:
– describe the problem with the equipment.
– explain what happened when you phoned the shop.
– say what you would like the manager to do.
You have recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter:
– explain why you have moved
– describe the new house
– invite your friend to come and visit
You would like to participate in a work-related seminar in another country. Write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar and ask for detailed information regarding the dates, program, accommodation and cost.
You are due to move into a rented apartment next month but you will not be able to because you have some problems.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
– explain your situation
– describe your problems
– tell him/her when you think you can move in
You are experiencing financial problems and want to ask your landlord if you can pay your rent late.
Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter explain:
– why you are writing to him
– why you cannot pay the rent
– when you will pay the rent
You are studying a short course in another country. Your accommodation was arranged by the course provider. There is a major problem with the accommodation.
Write a letter to the course provider. In your letter,
– say what the problem is
– describe the accommodation you thought you were getting
– ask the provider to solve the problem