GT Reading Test 22: Section # 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1-13, which are based on Reading Passage below.
Write answers to questions in boxes 1-13 on your answer sheet.
Look at the three restaurant advertisements below.
Answer the questions below by writing the letters of the appropriate restaurants (A-C) in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet.
It stops serving lunch at 2.30 pm. (Answer: B)
1. It is open for breakfast.
2. It is open every night for dinner.
3. It is only open for lunch on weekdays.
4. It has recently returned to its previous location.
5. It welcomes families.
6. It caters for large groups.
7. It only opens at weekends.
D I N I N G O U T
Read the text below and answer Questions 8-14.
Read the information given in “New Electricity Account Payment Facilities” below and look at the statements (Questions 8-13).
In boxes 8-13 on your answer sheet write:
TRUE if the statement is true
FALSE if the statement is false
NOT GIVEN if the information is not given in the passage
Example – Answer
You must pay your account by mail. FALSE
8. If you want a receipt, you should send your payment to the Southport address.
9. You may pay your account at branches of the Federal Bank.
10. You must pay the full amount, instalments are not permitted.
11. The Coastside Power Office is open on Saturday mornings.
12. You may pay your account by phone using your credit card.
13. There is a reduction for prompt payment.
NEW ELECTRICITY ACCOUNT PAYMENT FACILITIES – AVAILABLE FROM’ JULY 1998
After 1 July 1998, you may pay your electricity account in any of the following ways:
1. Payments via mail:
(A) No receipt required:
Mail payments to:
Locked Bag 2760
Southport NSW 3479.
(B) Receipt required:
Mail payments to:
PO Box 560
Northbridge NSW 3472.
2. Agency payments (payments directly to the bank):
Payments can be made at any branch of the Federal Bank by completing the deposit slip attached to your account notice.
NB: This facility is no longer available at South Pacific Bank branches.
3. Payments directly to Coastside Power Office:
Payments can be made directly to Coastside Power Office at 78-80 Third Avenue, Northbridge. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Payment may be by personal cheque, bank cheque or cash.
Note: Payments cannot be made by phone.