You recently read an article in the newspaper about someone you know personally. You found some information is wrong.
Write a letter to the editor to inform him about it. In your letter:
– what the article is about
– what the error is
– what you expect the editor to do
You are a student at a university in the UK. You have recently lost your university ID card. Write to the local police station, giving details of who you are, what happened and ask to record your details so that you can apply for a new ID card.
You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer.
Write a letter to your employer. In your letter:
– explain why you are writing
– explain why you have decided to leave the company
– tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment.
Your friend is celebrating his/her Birthday soon and has invited you to a party. But you are unable to come because you are going to attend an important meeting that day.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
– thank him/her for the invitation
– explain why you cannot come
– propose to meet on another day
A year ago, you lent your favourite book to a friend who you thought would enjoy it. Unfortunately, your friend has forgotten to return it. The book has sentimental value to you as it had been presented by your grandmother.
Write a letter to your friend. In the letter:
– ask how he or she is doing
– remind him/her about the book
– explain why you need it back.
You have just spent a weekend staying at the Lilo Hotel in Adelaide. When you get home you find that you have left a bag at the hotel.
Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter:
– introduce yourself
– describe the bag and its content
– describe how you left your bag and what action you would expect from him/her.
You recently went shopping at the local supermarket. When you got home and noticed your bill, you found that you had been charged for items you did not purchase.
Write a letter to the supermarket manager explaining what has happened. Tell the manager how you feel about the error and tell the manager what you would like him/her to do about it.
You took your family to a nearby restaurant. You were disappointed with the meal and wish to complain to the manager.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. In your letter:
– explain why you were at the restaurant
– describe the problems
– write about the action you want the manager to take
You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter:
– introduce yourself
– explain what is wrong with the furniture
– say what action you would like the landlord to take
Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house flat. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:
– explain the reasons for the noise
– apologise to them
– describe what action you will take