There have been several complaints about the reception area where visitors to your company arrive. Your manager has asked you to suggest how the reception area could be improved.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
– describe the complaints that have been made
– stay why the reception area is important
– suggest how the reception area could be improved
You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
explain why you want to take time off work
give details of the amount of time you need
suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants. You talked to him and he suggested that you should contact him about a possible job in one of his restaurants.
Write a letter to this businessman. In your letter
– remind him when and where you met
– tell him what kind of job you are interested in
– say why you think you would be suitable for the job
You are having a graduation party next Saturday night. You have invited 50 people to celebrate at an outdoor barbecue evening, which may continue till late night.
Write a letter to your elderly neighbour. In your letter:
– explain what will be happening
– offer your apologies in advance
– invite him/her to the party
You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.
Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter:
– introduce yourself
– describe your plans for the party
– invite your neighbour to come
You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter:
– introduce yourself
– explain what is wrong with the furniture
– say what action you would like the landlord to take
Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house flat. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:
– explain the reasons for the noise
– apologise to them
– describe what action you will take
You are due to move into a rented apartment next month but you will not be able to because you have some problems.
Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
– explain your situation
– describe your problems
– tell him/her when you think you can move in
You are experiencing financial problems and want to ask your landlord if you can pay your rent late.
Write a letter to your landlord. In your letter explain:
– why you are writing to him
– why you cannot pay the rent
– when you will pay the rent
You are studying a short course in another country. Your accommodation was arranged by the course provider. There is a major problem with the accommodation.
Write a letter to the course provider. In your letter,
– say what the problem is
– describe the accommodation you thought you were getting
– ask the provider to solve the problem